Eggs Benedict, also known as Eggs Benedict, is traditionally made of English muffins or toast, served with tempting poached eggs, and soul hollandaise sauce.
An unstoppable classic American breakfast.
Many people choose to go out to buy, in fact, it is not so difficult to make it yourself.
Preparing the hollandaise sauce is the more complicated part.
1. Cut the butter into small pieces, melt it over medium-low heat and set it aside to cool. At the same time, take another pot and add water to a boil, and turn to low heat to prepare a water bath.
2. Put a fresh egg yolk in a crock pot, add a few drops of lemon juice and a few drops of water, and after breaking up, heat it in a water bath and keep stirring.
3. Leave the water bath every 10 seconds or so, continue stirring for 5 or 6 seconds before returning to the water bath, and so on and so forth until the egg yolk is thick enough to be used for painting.
4. Leave the water bath and start gradually adding the melted and cooled butter.
5. Using a large tablespoon, add spoon by spoon, stirring constantly with the other hand to ensure the butter is fully emulsified.
6. Be slow at first, then speed up as emulsification begins. If it's too thick, add a little lemon juice or warm water.
If the sauce is cold or too runny, return it to the water bath and stir for a while.
7. Once the butter is all in, add the final seasoning: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, a pinch of salt, white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne paprika, or a few drops of Tabasco Sauce.
Hollandaise Sauce and you're done.
8. Boil the poached eggs, take another stock pot, add water and cook until there are many small bubbles, do not boil, about 70-80 degrees Celsius / 160-180 degrees Fahrenheit, and turn to low heat.
9. To help the egg whites coagulate faster, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, or 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and immediately after swirling the water with a spoon, gently beat the eggs into the swirl and beat the eggs move as close to the water as possible.
10. Cook for about 2.5 to 3 minutes.
11. When the egg whites are completely coagulated and the egg yolks are still liquid, gently lift them up with a slotted spoon and place them on kitchen paper to drain as much as possible.
Usually, people will use a water bath to keep warm (turn off the heat or the lowest heat).
The last step is to bake the toast hot on both sides, then put the freshly boiled poached eggs, then drizzle with warm hollandaise sauce, and the super tempting Eggs Benedict is ready!
Usually a standard Eggs Benedict will use two poached eggs, plus about 5 ounces of hollandaise sauce.
It's delicious, but it's also quite high in calories, so be careful.