Yogurt is a sweet and sour milk drink. Milk as raw material, after pasteurization, and then add beneficial bacteria to the milk fermentation, and then cooling filling of a kind of cow milk products.
The yogurt production process can be summarized as batching, preheating, homogenization, sterilization, cooling, inoculation, filling, fermentation, cooling, mixing, and packaging, after cooking several processes.
Historical evidence shows that yogurt has been used as a food for at least 4,500 years, and the earliest yogurt may have been formed from nomads' milk in sheepskin bags that were naturally fermented by bacteria attached to the bags.
The ancient Thracians, who lived in northeastern Greece and Bulgaria around 2000 BC, also learned how to make yogurt. They also originally used goat's milk. Later, yogurt technology was spread to other parts of Europe by the ancient Greeks.
The Wisdom of Bliss records that the Turks were eating yogurt in the Middle Ages. The book mentions the word yogurt and details how it was used by nomads.
It was not until the 20th century that yogurt became a food ingredient in South Asia, Central Asia, West Asia, southeastern Europe, and Central Europe.
Eating yogurt regularly is good for your health. One is to supplement the body with rich calcium, which can prevent osteoporosis and waist and knee weakness. Second, it can supplement high-quality protein for the body, which can promote the number of immune substances and the content of muscle, and has obvious benefits for improving the body's immunity and muscle strength.
But people who regularly eat yogurt may be tempted to eat too much sugar. Sugar is added to yogurt during preparation to avoid an overly sour taste. Eating too much yogurt can lead to excessive sugar intake, which may increase the risk of blood sugar spikes.
So, when is it better to eat yogurt?
1. Morning. After a night's sleep, our human intestines have digested well, and at this time, we are in urgent need of food to supplement nutrition. Yogurt is a very good match for breakfast, which can be matched with roughage and can be absorbed by the human body quickly.
2. Half an hour to two hours after a meal. At this time to drink yogurt, the ph value of our gastric juice is more appropriate.
3. Before bed. Drinking yogurt before bed will help you sleep. The blood volume of the human body at night is relatively low, yogurt can supplement calcium.
Drinking yogurt before bed is easier to absorb calcium.
There are also a few things to watch out for when eating yogurt:
1. Don't drink on an empty stomach. Yogurt is not suitable for drinking on an empty stomach. Because the acidity in the stomach is large when fasting, drinking yogurt will increase the concentration of stomach acid, and live lactic acid bacteria are easy to be killed. It's best to drink a glass of plain water before drinking yogurt in the morning.
2. Rinse your mouth after eating yogurt. Because some bacteria and acids in yogurt have certain damage to teeth, so, after drinking yogurt in the evening should be timely brushing or gargling.
3. Do not heat. Yogurt is best left unheated. The effective probiotics in yogurt die off when heated, reducing their nutritional value and changing their taste. The tallest living thing on land.